Author Topic: Post Goya update  (Read 1093 times)

Amavanna14

• View Profile
Post Goya update
« on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
I love this game and I love a lot of the changes that came with the update. I played through about a month ago and heard about the new update so decided to play through again. There's really only four things that I've noticed, three of which aren't anything major and don't affect my gameplay.
1: I've noticed the rooms are taking longer to load because the doorknobs turn into swirls when I try to open a door.
2: in the child's room when you're spinning around on the carousel I noticed a minor aesthetic bug. Each time you spin around, a piece of the adjacent room becomes visible and drags it (kind of looks like when you drag a window on a computer to a new screen and it leaves a trail of windows behind it).
3: overall the game just seems a bit more laggy. It was worse in the beginning of the game when I'd be walking around the larger rooms but it's still pretty noticeable later on. Doesn't affect the gameplay, just more of a nuisance.
4: last but not least the what I think may be a bug that will not let me even start chapter 5. I've looked into it on other forums and absolutely NO ONE that I've seen has mentioned this. When I picked up the item for chapter 4 and do all that fun stuff in the workshop, I would leave to go in the door straight ahead and I would not be able to open it. There would be a second opened door attached to the hinges of the door that's closed. The door that's not supposed to be there I can interact with, but the door that I need to open won't open. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a way of saying "the end for now" although I remember being able to start chapter 5 before the update. I've tried closing and reopening the game and even unistalling and reinstalling to see if that fixes it and so far it hasn't.

To talk about the good things that I love. I love:
1. The new notes that add more depth to the story
2. Less drawers and cupboards to open up
3. The new rooms and new jump scares (loved the piano moving across the room!) All the changes almost make it feel like an entirely new game.

Overall, great game! I love it and can't wait to finish it to see how the story ends!

***UPDATE***
I deleted my save file, uninstalled the game then reinstalled the game and the door glitch is still present. If anyone has any other ideas to possibly fix this it would be much appreciated as I would love to progress further in the game. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:04:08 PM by Amavanna14 »

NEPtuned_BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Post Goya update
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
Hey,

We're looking into this.

sloggi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »
Hey! I've got exactly the same glitch with the door @ chapter 4. It's actually quite scary! Still it's a real downer. Tried restarting the game from scratch several times - didn't work. So just waiting for patch now

mixedupmoods

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »
After the update a lot of tearing appeared. This problem was not in the previous version.
Now i can't play with a tearing like this. Sadly. I'm waiting for a fix to start another run on this fantastic experience.
I cross my fingers for the final version. Enormous potential ...